Thursday, August 28, 2014

Gifted by Beth Evangelista

Ello!


So to kick off my new adventure, per se, of blogging about books, I read a book out of my genre range. Usually I am alll over the romantic fiction YA books. Can't get enough. But instead, I read Gifted by Beth Evangelista. This book has almost no real romance. At all. So I am shocked and pleased to say that I still loved every bit of it. The main character, George, is gifted and has higher knowledge than many of his peers. This causes him to kinda think of the world revolving around him. As the book progresses, many things lead up to one thing: George changes. At the end, he realizes all of the mistakes he has made and how selfish he is. Beth wrote this with an amazingly wide range of vocabulary, using words such as sojourn, loblolly, and tumbrel. I loved reading every page and found that I couldn't put it down, something I only do when I am deeply immersed in a romance book. Well, since this is my first review for the public, let me know what you thought. Think you have an idea of what I should include next time? Feel free to let me know :) Or if you would like to recommend a book for me to read and review, also feel free to let me know. But as of right now, the next book I will be reviewing is This Star Won't Go Out.

Until Next Time,

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment