Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fish Castle Music at the Honey Brook Library



I decided to try something new at the library and try my first program that had a fee for our patrons. Fish Castle is a children's music program run by the wonderful Cyril and Catherine. I was a little worry about the attendance because of the fee. Boy, was I ever wrong!

We have had 2 of the 4 sessions we have planned and the response to the first 2 sessions has been fabulous!! We had 16 kids for the 1st session and 13 for the 2nd session. My goal for any program at our small library is 8-12 kids. The parents who I spoke to had no problem with the small cost for a music program.

Catherine and Cyril (Fish Castle) had the kids wonderfully engaged & the kids all seemed to be having a wonderful time. I mistakenly thought I could have some alone prep time while they were doing their thing. Instead, I couldn't stop singing along or I would have to stop and see what they were doing. Parents immediately started begging me to bring them back to the library again for a program, so they are booked in July as a part of our "Dream Big" Summer Reading Program




So happy that I took a leap and tried something a little different for our little ones. It has been a great success1

Miss Jennifer
Four of Spades


No comments:

Post a Comment